Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Medan, Indonesia - Tiong Sim


By far,this is the most special flavor to me. Remember a instant noodle called Mee Goreng by a brand named Indomee or now Ibumie? They have the close taste, no wonder they are called Indomee, because they are from Indonesia. I like this instant noodle very much too,until my friend put a nickname for me...mee goreng. Well i don't care much...as long as i get to eat it.

This shop is called Tiong Sim, located in middle of Chinatown of Medan. It started their business back in 1933! I can see many regular customers. Luckily i asked the hawker nearby where got famous wantan mee. When they told me that yes ,there is famous wantan mee around, i am really happy. The Chinese here can speak Hokkien, and they are very friendly too.

I think they are operating only at night time. I forgot the price, but its not cheap. I think around RM5 per bowl. Anyway, its delicious and i like it. I even went back the next day to eat again. After all, i did not expect to visit Medan so soon in near future, unless got people invite me there to eat Wantan Mee again, haha.

So, don't forget to try it out when you are in Medan Indonesia. You won't regret it



No comments: